I created this blog as a way to process and record my experience as a seminary student. I also hope it will provide a platform for my friends and family to participate in the journey. Some of the entries are kind of long, but what can I say--I was in graduate school, they made us do that...

Cheers!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My intersecting classes

This semester I have three classes, all introduction courses. I am being introduced to the New Testament, Theological Reflection, and Quaker Life. It has been absolutely amazing to watch how the classes overlap and intersect. My head is spinning with all the thoughts fighting for attention and I have wanted to post several times about everything I'm thinking about. But it's all moving so fast and I never seem to find the time to sit down and articulate my thoughts. So, here I am, not pressuring myself to have the perfect post, but instead to set down a few ideas for further investigation...

1)
The ideas about suffering found in 1 Peter 2:13-25.

2)
The idea of "the preferential option for the poor" that comes from Liberation Theology.

No comments: